Thursday, October 22, 2015

Joy to the World

I didn't intend on using my blog on many personal or non-political issues, but I loved Three Dog Night.  I don't know what about TDN stuck with me so.  I really liked many of their songs for one.  Maybe it was the time period.  Their heyday in the late sixties, early seventies was my growing of age period, my teens to joining the Navy period. There's never a time like another, but that time period, man, it was like no other times ten in human history.  It really was. 

Cory Wells, Rest in Peace my brother. I'm sorry to see you go so soon.  You gave me some of my life memories.  I remember one.  It was in Olympia, WA in 1972.  My mother managed a high scale restaurant right next to the State Capital building in Olympia.  Look out he big plate glass windows and there it was in all it's splendor.  My mom got me a job there as a busboy when I turned sixteen.  The restaurant had a pretty popular bar attached that had live bands.  One night after the restaurant part was closed and I was waiting around for my mom to take me home, I peeked into the bar area.  The band was playing, "Joy to the World".  Again, I was a fresh sixteen year old in a world that was changing like crazy.  I looked at the people and the band and the pure joy people were having in that room, everybody singing that song.  I'd never seen anything like it. 

Joy to the World man. 
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to you and me. 

Thank you Cory. And thank you Mom.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment