Wednesday, September 30, 2015

1,700 Per day Arrested for Weed Possession



1,700 people were arrested for marijuana possession every day during the year of our War on Drugs 2014. 

That's 70 per hour or just over one every minute. 

Whoops, there's another one.

http://www.vocativ.com/news/235213/fbi-crime-report/

I took my first toke way back in 1973 as a high school senior.  In 1973 approximately 250,000 people were arrested for weed possession.   That's less than a third arrested in 2014. 

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Crime#sthash.0ttCEM3b.dpbs

I never, ever would have thought that by the year 2015 the war against marijuana would still be so insane.  But I suppose it's kind of like all war.  I never would have thought that we'd have never-ending military wars either.   The War of Terror is like the War of Drugs, it just keeps getting bigger as time goes on. 

Whoops, there's another one.  Wonder where it was at?  Maybe right here in my town. 

The War OF Drugs is everywhere.

Like the War OF Terror.

The War OF Drugs is still going strong at forty plus years.

The War OF Terror is only 14 years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment